MSEN--New Member of the National STEM Ecosystems Network
We are excited to announce that the MetroWest STEM Education Network has been selected to join the STEM Learning Ecosystems Community of Practice, SLECOP, an initiative to improve education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). MetroWest STEM Education Network will now connect with 67 other Ecosystems in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Kenya. Read the press release.
MSEN initiatives are informed by the urgency of connecting the dots between the talent acquisition needs of major STEM industries in the region and the capacity of K-16 institutions to prepare local students, especially those financially disadvantaged and from underrepresented populations, for STEM career pathways available at these major corporations. The goal of MSEN collaborating partners is to transform our organization from being a group of dynamic providers of STEM learning that often operate on parallel tracks, to an actual system of partners that, through a web of interaction and collaborations, integrate their STEM efforts toward the realization of our common vision: to articulate a continuity of efforts where youth have access to quality STEM programming throughout their K-12 and college education programs.
• Welcome and Introduction to the STEM Ecosystems Network
• The perspective from the MSEN Collaborating Partners: Why we joined the MSEN STEM Ecosystem; What we contribute to the Ecosystem; How we expect to advance the work of the Ecosystem
• MSEN Advisory Committee - A new way for all MetroWest STEM Stakeholders to provide their input to the MSEN Ecosystem
• MSEN Advisory Committee - Small group discussions, Feedback to the MSEN Ecosystem
• Community Updates - Share your news about STEM events in the MetroWest Region